Designed for use with fuel cell or stack, the 890e is the latest in the 890 family of versatile, computer-controlled loads. The 890e integrates a multi-current-range programmable electronic load, fuel flow and temperature controls, and data acquisition functions into a compact 19″ rack-mount or bench-top unit.
The 890e comes with FuelCell® software to form the heart of a fully automated Fuel Cell Test System.
- 3 current ranges for high measurement accuracy over a wide dynamic range
- Constant current, voltage, or power control mode
- Built-in current interrupt cell resistance measurement
- Whole-cell sense voltage input, plus two additional high-impedance reference electrode inputs
- Optional internal FRA with real-time high frequency resistance (HFR) capability
- Connections for Solartron FRA (for models without internal FRA)
- Simultaneous 3 channel impedance measurement using whole-cell and reference electrode inputs
- Automatic shutdown in hardware for over-current, under-voltage, over-power, load temperature, and cell temperature alarm conditions
- Analogue control signals for two main gas mass flow controllers (or MeOH pump) and up to five additional (reformate) mass flow controllers
- Cell main terminals and sense inputs tolerant of non-isolated cell
- Internal controllers for anode and cathode humidifier and cell temperatures
- Analog input/output ports for two main mass flow controllers (or DMFC pump) and up to five additional (reformate) mass flow controllers
- Low voltage output signal to control purge gas valves and to indicate alarm conditions
- Contact inputs for three pressure sensors or alarms
- RS485 digital interface for external temperature controllers
- Optional interface box for non-integrated fuel system designs
- Remote operation from IEEE488 (GPIB) interface
For specifications see the 890e data sheet.