Digisim® Simulation Software For Cyclic Voltammetry
Cyclic voltammetry can readily provide qualitative information about the stability of the oxidation states and the electron transfer kinetics of a redox system. However, quantitative studies using cyclic voltammetry (e.g., mechanistic investigations) are more difficult and typically require the use of simulation software. A number of methods have been developed for the simulation of cyclic voltammograms. Of these methods, the fast implicit finite difference method has been shown to be the most efficient, stable, and accurate, and this method is used for the DigiSim simulation software from BASi®.
DigiSim can be used to simulate any electrochemical mechanism that can be expressed in terms of single or multiple electron transfer reactions and first- and second-order homogenous reactions. In addition, DigiSim can generate dynamic concentration profiles and can fit simulated data to imported experimental data.
- Simulates single or multiple electron transfer reactions and first- and second-order chemical reactions
- CV – the MovieTM provides a dynamic display on concentration profiles
- Imports experimental data files (in a variety of text formats) for comparison and least-squares fitting with simulated data
- Simulates range of electrode geometry
- Simulates finite diffusion and hydrodynamic mass transport in addition to semi-infinite diffusion
- Requires USB or LPT dongle