885 Fuel Cell Potentiostat
Scribner Associates extends its groundbreaking line of tabletop fuel cell testing equipment with the 885 Fuel Cell Potentiostat. The 885 bolts directly to the 850e Multi-Range Fuel Cell Test Systems or 890e / 890C / 890ZV Fuel Cell Test Loads. This, together with Scribner’s FuelCell software results in an integrated and efficient fully automated testing solution.
- Perform Automated Experiments within FuelCell®
- No Need to Swap Cell Leads to Use Potentiostat Functions
- Voltammetry for In-Situ Fuel Crossover & Electrochemical Surface Area
- Potentiostatic Mode for Electrode and Catalyst Support Durability Test
- Fine Current Resolution for High Accuracy Tafel Experiments
- Includes Furnace Control hardware with redundant over-temperature protection
- Quick & Easy Installation
- Data Analysis with FCView
- Constant current, voltage or power control modes
- Automatic hardware shutdown & purge gas for safe, reliable operation
Figure 1: PEM fuel cell hydrogen crossover acquired by linear sweep voltammetry using Scribner’s 885 Fuel Cell Potentiostat (red) and a commercial potentiostat (black). The small dip in current near 0.4 VRE is a feature of the fuel cell. Test conditions given in figure.
Figure 2: PEM fuel cell cyclic voltammetry data using Scribner’s 885 Fuel Cell Potentiostat (red) and a commercial potentiostat (black). Cyclic voltammetry is used for in-situ electrochemical active surface area characterization of PEM fuel cell electrodes. Conditions given in figure.