OctoStat Series of Multipotentiostat / Cyclers
- 8-channel Potentiostat/Galvanostat/ZRA/FRA
- Each channel is functionally independent with its own embedded FRA/EIS
- Run different experiments per channel or syncrhonise groups of channels.
- Affordable high-spec electrochemical test system
- 2 additional voltage inputs per channel (eg for temperature and additional electrode inputs)
- See Comparison Table below
Below: Racked OctoStats and OctoBOOST.16
The OctoStat series was designed for applications where multiple cells are operated in parallel for long periods of time, such as battery/fuel cell-testing, electrode development, biotechnology and corrosion.
It is also a highly affordable, solution for applications requiring multiple simultaneous potentiostat/EIS measurements.
The OctoStat offers a complete package. The hardware includes a built-in dedicated Frequency Response Analyser for each channel (10uHz to 100kHz), low current measurement possibility down to 10nA full-scale with pA resolution, and an analog measurement channel for secondary signals such as temperature. All measurement and dataprocessing software is included.
The maximum current or potential of the instrument can be defined by the operator. Thus valuable samples may be protected, and unsafe situations prevented.
Data security & Connection
The OctoStat is equipped with an integrated DataSecure module:
- Data is stored on board independent of the computer.
- Connection of multiple PCs is possible.
- Automatic current range selection: 10nA to 100mA/10A
- Automatic variable noise filter and potentiostat/galvanostat stability settings
- Simultaneous acquisition of current/potential and peripheral analog signal
- Real time data display up to 500 pnts/s
- Minimum interval time: 10µs (0.125µs resolution)
- Result optimalisation by automated tuned filters, gain amplifiers and DC-subtraction
The OctoStat is controlled via Ivium’s own software, IviumSoft. This versatile, yet intuitive software, allows instrument control, data management and analysis, etc. The OctoStat can also be controlled from LabVIEWTM, C++, Delphi, etc. A full suite of software is included as standard with each instrument.
- Control of separate channels individually
- All channels simultaneously
- Synchronous start
- Data from different channels plotted individually or in 1 single graph
|Max Output Voltage||±10V||±10V||±10V||-2V to +9V or ±5V|
|EIS||10uHz to 100kHz||10uHz to 100kHz||10uHz to 100kHz||10uHz to 10kHz|
|Electrode Connections||4; WE, CE, RE, S (and GND) with 4mm banana plugs||4; WE, CE, RE, S (and GND) with 4mm banana plugs||4; WE, CE, RE, S (and GND) with 4mm banana plugs||-|
|Extra Analogue I/O||2 Voltage inputs||2 Voltage inputs||2 Voltage inputs||-|
|Channel Configs||-||-||-||Neighbouring channels combinable, e.g. 4 x ±32A, 2 x ±64A, 1 x ±64A and 4 x ±16A, 1 x ±128A, etc.|