840 Fuel Test System
The 840 Advanced Fuel Cell Test System is a turn-key test station for fuel cell research and university education programs. The 840 combines a computer-controlled instrument with fuel handling hardware in an integrated bench-top unit. The 840 is designed for use with small to large single cells or short stacks.
The Model 840 is targeted for applications requiring gas flow rates up to 12 SLPM and is based on the time-tested 850 series of turn-key fuel cell test stations. The 840 features dual range anode and cathode mass flow controllers for wide range flow control which is ideal for RH cycling. Also included are input selector valves and a 16-channel data acquisition module for additional voltage and temperature measurements.
The Model 840 uses Scribner’s 890 Multi-Range Electronic Load for accurate, wide-range current measurement. And, the Model 840 comes with FuelCell®, the industry’s most powerful and user-friendly application software for controlling station operation and experimentation.
- Ideal for large area single cell cells & short stacks
- 890 Electronic Load: 500W (12/62/125A or 25/125/250A) or 1 kW (50/250/500A), 20 V
- 892 Data Acquisition Module: 16 channels of voltage/temperature measurement integrated with FuelCell® software
- Dual Anode & Cathode mass flow controllers for enhanced accuracy over wide flow range
- Gas Selector Valves for Automated Switching between up to 3 Anode and 3 Cathode Gases
- Automated humidifier by-pass for wet/dry cycling
- Large capacity Anode & Cathode SS humidifiers with automatic water fill
- Flexible SS temperature controlled heated gas transfer lines
- FuelCell® software for user-friendly computer controlled cell operation & experimentation
- Constant or stoichiometric-controlled reactant flow rate
- Current, voltage or power control modes
- Continuous real time cell resistance and IR-free voltage measurement by Current Interrupt
- Whole cell voltage plus two high-impedance reference inputs for half-cell data
- Impedance spectroscopy & HFR option
- Safety features include detection of alarm conditions and automatic hardware shutdown for safe, reliable operation