890 Fuel Cell Test Loads
The model 890 is a computer-controlled instrument consisting of multi-range programmable electronic load, fuel flow and temperature controls, and data acquisition functions in a compact rack-mount or bench-top unit targeting small to medium sized single cell or low-power stack for laboratory research. Add the 881 Frequency Response Analyzer (FRA) option for integrated High Frequency Resistance (HFR) and full range Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) measurement. The 890 Series is supported by the Scribner 885 Integrated Fuel Cell Potentiostat!
The 890’s multiple current range capability enhances its versatility and performance over a wide range of test applications and test environments.
- Electronic load with three current ranges for accurate measurement over a wide dynamic range
- Control signals for two (2) main mass flow controllers plus five (5) additional mass flow controllers
- Continuous real-time cell resistance and IR-free voltage measurement by current interrupt
- Whole cell voltage plus two high-impedance reference electrode inputs for half-cell data
- Optional internal impedance analyzer for EIS and continuous real-time high frequency resistance (HFR)
- Simultaneous 3 channel impedance measurement using whole cell and half-cell
- Cell main terminals and sense inputs tolerant of non-isolated cell
- Three (3) internal controllers for anode and cathode humidifier and cell temperatures
- Constant current, voltage or power control mode
- Contact inputs for three pressure sensors or alarms
- Low voltage output signal to control purge gas valves and to indicate alarm condition
- RS485 digital interface for external temperature controllers
- Safety features include detection of alarm conditions and automatic hardware shutdown for safe, reliable operation