Job Vacancy: Technical Sales Support
Alvatek Ltd specialises in the sales and support of scientific instruments for electrochemistry and related research fields including general electrochemistry, sensors, medical research, biochemistry, corrosion, renewable energy, energy storage (batteries, fuel cells etc) and more. We are the authorized and exclusive distributors for leading brands in these fields including, Ivium Technologies, PalmSens, BASinc, Scribner Associates, El-Cell, BaSyTec, and Nexceris / Fuelcellmaterials.
Due to sustained growth we are seeking to appoint two highly motivated individuals to undertake technical sales support to deal with customer enquiries and to provide support to our field-based team.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful applicant(s) will provide support to our field–based sales team, developing and growing their own direct sales and support responsibilities,and working with the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of our internal business processes. This role provides opportunities for personal development within a fast-growing high-tech company. (The role is ideal for for individuals considering or wishing to move towards a field-based sales / support role.)
Pre-sales and Post-sales activities including, but not limited to:
• Direct customer communications by email, phone and video calls to capture requirements and ensure a timely response.
• Working with our technical specialists to advise our customers on solutions from our products and services.
• Producing customer quotations.
• Customer support activities.
• Coordination and assistance with website updates and marketing activities.
• Monitoring and responding to the website chat facility and guiding any incoming chats through our sales/support processes.
• Assisting with marketing activities and campaigns.
• Maintaining effective internal and external (customer) communications.
• Assisting with office admin functions and taking ownership of allocated functions as appropriate.
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
• Personable and friendly, a team player, able to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers.
• An instinctive appreciation of the vital importance of customers, staff and suppliers and incorporating that into your attitude, approach and activities.
• Ideally a university degree or a good A-Level in a Science subject.
• Ideally able to demonstrate at least a basic understanding of electrical quantities and concepts (eg Volts, Amps, Ohms, Watts) and the ability to develop and apply this knowledge to our products.
• Capable of quickly developing an understanding of the key technical differences between our products sufficient to guide our customers to a preliminary selection.
• Capable of quickly getting up to speed with our office computer systems.
• Creative and proactive approach, keen to take the initiative.
• A background involving technical support or use of electronic measurement equipment or similar would be an advantage, as would any knowledge or experience of electrochemistry, biochemistry, materials analysis or renewable energy.
• Sales/marketing experience (phone / email / LinkedIn, etc.) would be considered an advantage.
Package and perks:
•• Salary of £25,000 to £30,000 depending on relevant skills and experience
• 25 days annual leave
• Contributory pension scheme
• Modern comfortable office environment with fully equipped kitchen
• Free drinks (tea, coffee, soft drinks and filtered water)
• Vitality health care and wellbeing package
• Free electric charging points
Conveniently located in Totton, Southampton. Modern comfortable offices. Easiest way to travel to the office is by car (plenty of free parking and free electric vehicle charging onsite). There are local bus stops a short walk from the office and travel by train (to Totton station which is 25-30 minute walk from the office). We also have a secure area for bike storage and onsite shower facilities for those wishing to cycle to work.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of positions 2